Here’s a quick list of popular ways in which educators are leveraging the privacy of Screencast.com and how it’s easy to get your content from a TechSmith product to Screencast.com where designated people can view it.
- Host instructional videos and provide links to parents and students. Parents and students can view the videos 24/7.
- Create a MediaRoll that is hosted on the class or school webpage. The MediaRoll is automatically updated when videos are uploaded to the corresponding folder.
- Have students use Jing to explain a concept. These Jing videos or images are shared with just the teacher, the class, or maybe the world. Here’s an example: http://mrshedge.squarespace.com/.
- Host classroom “lectures” or any type of instruction or presentation with Camtasia Relay. Just record, and Camtasia Relay does all the processing. When the video is done, you’re emailed the link to where it’s hosted on Screencast.com.
- Host files (attachments) such as PowerPoint presentations, Word documents, and PDFs. Selected people are able to download the materials.
Have you tried Screencast.com in education? What tips do you have?