One of the best parts of being an evangelist is that I get to share the good news with you. Today is one of those days! Camtasia for Mac 2 is here! You spoke up. We listened. We’ve redesigned and rebuilt Camtasia for Mac to help you create engaging, high-quality videos…faster, easier, and with more consistency.
What’s new in Camtasia for Mac 2?
- Editor tweaks – The editor interface has been redesigned so it’s easier and faster to find what you need.
- Extend Frame – this makes it easier to lengthen individual frames of a video to give yourself more time to highlight specific points of interest, or add more time for narration.
- Custom annotations – you can easily copy and paste them into your timeline and reuse the effects throughout your video, or for a future project.
- Annotations – you can point out specific features throughout your video. Easily add speech bubbles, arrows, shapes, lines and more. Additionally, callouts can easily be animated, including the tails of the callouts, to follow certain points of emphasis in the video.
- Tilt and restore animations – these make it easy for users to manipulate video into a more effective display.
- Mobile device frames – now you have a simple and effective way to demonstrate your mobile device apps! Record video of your app in a simulator and showcase the device your app runs on by adding a frame around your videos!
- Cursor FX – Draw attention to mouse clicks by highlighting, magnifying or spotlighting the point of emphasis.
- Blur Effect – now you can easily hide private information on the screen.
- Production tweaks – Produce your videos 40-60% faster with higher quality output. Export an HD-quality file with a flash wrapper and HTML 5 fallback, so no matter where your viewers watch your video, even from a browser that is not Flash-enabled, your content will work.
Download a free, 30-day trial of Camtasia for Mac 2. New users can purchase the software for $99. Already have Camtasia for Mac version 1? Current users can upgrade to version 2 for $49. Camtasia for Mac 2 will also be available in the Mac App Store soon.
And, as always, we want to know what you think about the new release. Feel free to share your thoughts here on the blog or on our new community site. We need to hear what you’d like to see in the next version!
Mini demos of new features