Grab your marshmallow fork and laptop! It’s time for the second ScreencastCamp! We’ve been busy lately planning ScreencastCamp which will take place at TechSmith Headquarters in lovely Okemos, Michigan on Friday evening, August 3 thru Sunday afternoon, August 5. Mark your calendars!!
I know you might be wondering just what is ScreencastCamp? ScreencastCamp is a gathering of screencasters and visual communication aficionados wanting to network, learn, and collaborate on the art of screen casting. All sessions, discussions, and demos are led by attendees sharing their knowledge. The sessions are not determined beforehand–you, the attendees, create the agenda on the first day. TechSmithies will be participating at ScreencastCamp. We’re there to learn from you and share what we’ve learned about screencasting over the years. If you’re a screencast veteran or have never hit record, ScreencastCamp is for you. ScreencastCamp is an unconference based on the BarCamp model.
Feeling adventurous? TechSmith will give you space to camp inside our offices or you can pitch a tent on our lawn. Not the camping type? There are a few hotel options within walking distance.
Here are the important details about ScreencastCamp:
- When: August 3 – 5, 2012
- Where: TechSmith Headquarters in Okemos, Michigan. You’ll also have access to TechSmith’s studio and sound room.
- Cost: The event is free, but we do need you to register here. TechSmith will provide food, beverages, wifi and fun.
- Who: You! ScreencastCamp is for screencasters with years of experience or those just getting started. TechSmith trainers, developers, video staff and evangelists will be onsite and sharing their knowledge too.
- Travel: Find travel information here
- Social: Stay up to date with all the news here on our blog. Like us on Facebook here. Follow us on Twitter here
- Introduce yourself and propose some topics you’d like to lead or learn about here on our wiki.
- Hashtag: #screencastcamp
- Will I see you at ScreencastCamp? I’ll bring the sporks and marshmallows (I might even bring homemade marshmallows for s’mores.), you bring yourself!