You can upload a folder or playlist to the iTunes store so others can subscribe to it from within iTunes. When you add your content to the iTunes store, it makes your content available to anyone who use the iTunes software application. Adding your folder or playlist to the iTunes store also makes your content searchable from within iTunes.
In order to upload to the iTunes store, you must have:
- The iTunes application installed on your computer.
- An iTunes account.
- Your content approved. All content uploaded to the iTunes Store is evaluated by a moderator. This process takes 2-3 days. During this time, the content is not available for viewing.
- iTunes compatible content in your folders or playlist. Any content in a folder or playlist not iTunes compatible is not sent to the iTunes feed.
There are two parts to uploading to the iTunes store:
1. Enabling the iTunes feed on your folder or playlist within Screencast.com.
2. Submitting the content to the iTunes store using the iTunes application.
We have given you an overview of the iTunes submission process below. For more in-depth instructions, read the iTunes Store Help Center article.
iTunes Store Submission Overview
- Within your Screencast.com folder or playlist, click the iTunes icon . The RSS Subscription page appears.
- Within the URL field at the top of the browser window, copy the entire URL (it should end in itunes).
- Open the iTunes application.
- In the left navigation pane, click on the iTunes Store link. The store appears on the right side.
- In the iTunes Store group box, click Podcasts. The view of the store will change to reflect your selection.
- Scroll to the very bottom of the page to the Learn More group box.
- Click Submit a Podcast. The Submission page appears.
- Paste the URL into the field provided.
- Click Continue. Follow the prompts through the iTunes wizard. Once your podcast is accepted, it will become available in the iTunes Store.