If you’re a current Camtasia Studio v8, Camtasia for Mac v2, or Snagit on Mac v2 user, we’ve got some great updates for you!
Camtasia Studio 8.0.3
We’ve been listening! With Camtasia Studio 8.0.3, we’ve made some tweaks to make your experience with Camtasia Studio 8 even better. We’ve added requested capabilities and made a handful of bug fixes. Here are some of the things we worked to bring you in this maintenance release:
- Added ripple move and trim for media on the timeline
- Improved audio editing for timeline selections
- Made lower volume levels more distinguishable on the timeline audio waveform
- Added option to include under-video captions in a variety of outputs
- Tooltips now show for locked media
- Keyframes now automatically fit in available space when added to media
- Added ability to set the default animation duration to instant
- Improved memory usage and performance on the timeline
- Fixed issues causing Camtasia Studio 7 project upgrades to fail
- And more! See all bug fixes and maintenance release additions to Camtasia Studio 8.0.3.
Product manager Shane Lovellette (@Shane3797) put together this video to show what’s new in Camtasia Studio 8.0.3 and how these changes can speed up your workflow.
Can’t see the embedded video? Watch it on Screencast.com.
If you own Camtasia Studio 8, Camtasia Studio 8.0.3 is a free update for you! If you’re not automatically prompted to update when you open your copy of Camtasia Studio, click Help > Check for Updates…
Still using Camtasia Studio 7? Check out what’s new in Camtasia Studio 8!
Camtasia for Mac 2.2.2 English & German
Check out what improvements and enhancements we made to the latest version of Camtasia for Mac:
- Improved quality of table of contents thumbnail images
- Tutorial viewer offline message is now translated for German locale
- Mask effects now rotate correctly with properties panel controls
- Improved memory usage for media on the timeline
- Reduced delay between finishing a recording and entering a new project
If you currently own Camtasia for Mac 2, this is a free update for you! If you’re not automatically prompted to update when you open your copy of Camtasia for Mac, click Camtasia 2 > Check for Updates… If you purchased Camtasia for Mac from the Apple App Store, you do not have the option to update in manner described above and instead must wait for the App Store to release the latest version of Camtasia for Mac.
Snagit on Mac 2.1.3
More great updates for you! We’ve made minor bug fixes and performance enhancements including the following:
- Added support for Notification Center on 10.8
- Added support for clickable notifications when an output adds a URL to the clipboard
- Improved capturing images smaller than 20×20 pixels
- Improved the Shadow effect on Retina displays
- Improved the Resize dialog showing incorrect image size
- Improved Duplicate Image to prevent the original image from being modified
If you own Snagit 2, Snagit on Mac 2.1.3 is a free update for you! If you’re not automatically prompted to update when you open your copy of Snagit, click Snagit > Check for Updates…If you have any questions about these latest versions, please feel free to ask away at feedback.techsmith.com.