And the 2012 ScreenChamps are…
- Best in Show: Vesone Dean, What is SignUp?
- EDU category: Valerie Pennington, Anatomical Terms of Direction and Planes of Section
- Sales & Marketing category: Nino Paglia, Mantic – RealeFlow
- Tutorial & Training category: Ron Hogue, Top Five-ish Screencast Tips
- Wildcard category: Mel Aclaro, Best Screen Capture Software Series (Episode 3 – Camtasia Studio 7)
Congratulations to all the 2012 ScreenChamps…we salute you! The five winners listed above take home the top prizes and ridiculously cool trophies. All 16 finalists (videos posted here) also received the finalist prize pack, as detailed below.
We had a really strong batch of videos (more than 150 submitted!) and it was often hard to choose between them. We had some lively debates among the judges on the merits of various videos, but we all stayed friends and broadened our perspectives, so that’s good.
The ScreenChamp winners were announced December 13, live on The Forge—our monthly web broadcast. Here’s the replay of that show if you missed it. There was some good discussion among the panel of expert judges about the strengths and areas for improvement in each video. Beyond the fun of competition, our goal for this event is to inspire all of us to greater excellence as screencasters. We hope you glean ideas and techniques to employ in your own work!
Can’t see the embedded video? Watch it on YouTube.
Enter up to three (3) screencast videos. Videos will be assigned a category based on the information you provide (so please be as detailed as possible!). Categories are: Education (videos with a focus on teaching and/or schools, at any level); Tutorial/Training (videos with a focus on training or tutorial content); Sales and Marketing (videos made to sell or persuade); and Wildcard (videos that don’t fit in the previous categories).
We will choose four (4) finalists for each category, all of which will be eligible for a finalist prize. Those videos will then be passed to a panel of celebrity judges for scoring and posted publicly for a popular vote. The judges’ picks will each win an additional category prize…and the popular pick will win Best in Show!
- Submissions open: September 13, 2012
- Submissions close: October 15 (extended deadline!)
- Finalists announced/voting begins: November 19
- Voting Ends: December 5
- Winners announced: December 13 live on (The Forge)
Finalists Prizes (20 selected)
- Moleskine notebook
- Staedtler Triplus Fineliner Pens 10 color pack
- Custom T-Shirt
Category winner Prizes (4 winners)
- Blue Yeti Microphone
- Pop Filter
- Sennheiser HD-280 Pro Headphones
- $100 Gift Certificate to Premiumbeat.com
(from Premiumbeat.com, provider of Royalty Free and stock music)
- ScreenChamp trophy
‘Best in Show’ Prize (1 winner)
- T3i Canon Camera
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Camera Lens
- Zoom H4 Microphone/Recorder
- 64 GB SDXC Memory Card
- Shure Wireless Microphone
- ScreenChamp trophy