UPDATE: Recording of this episode is below and posted to YouTube.
If you haven’t noticed, the watering holes of the web are getting increasingly visual. Facebook timeline, Pinterest, Google+ are all giving more priority to photos and visuals. Infographics are hot.
What does this mean for you as a communicator and content creator? How can you use visuals to engage people and build community?
In the video below we explored these questions and shared some of our own experiences.
Segments for this show
- Build a stronger community with visuals, with special guest Jenn Lin (Get Satisfaction) and Daniel Foster (TechSmith)
- Deck out your Facebook timeline, with Daniel Foster
- Snagit tips you should know, with Mike Curtis (TechSmith)
- What images are people “pinning” from my website? You might be surprised (replace TechSmith URL with your own)
- What’s most visible on my Facebook Timeline? Eyetracking says visuals get seen
- Do visuals really drive more engagement? Heck yes
- How do we tell our brand story through Facebook Timeline? Get ideas
- What are the new features and specs for Facebook brand pages? Let this infographic guide you
- What about that Snagit customer you quoted? Watch Robin’s story
- How is TechSmith doing it? See Snagit’s Facebook timeline
Special guest bio
Jenn Lin (@jenndox) is the Get Satisfaction Technical Evangelist and Community Manager for the Developers’ Community. She was a developer at Microsoft and IBM for 10 years, and managed the community for Live Labs, a Microsoft lab focused on data visualization for web services.
As with every episode of The Forge…if you can’t make the live show, we’ll miss you! But you can watch the recording later. Just subscribe to our YouTube channel so you know when we post it.