This post offers a wealth of information when it comes to recording things like webinars, Google Hangouts, and Skype calls.
Before we dive in, I want to highlight two takeaways:
- If you have Windows XP, you may not be able to do this without a workaround/hack (more detail in the PDF).
- The TechSmith products that work best for this task are Snagit 11.1 on Windows, Camtasia for Mac 2.2, Camtasia Studio 7 or 8, and Camtasia Relay 4.1.1.
- A video with tips for capturing streaming video that offers the most comprehensive and detailed overview (above).
- A PDF guide (embedded below).
- An informal video stepping through the process of recording a Google Hangout with Snagit.
I made an example of what the end result of a Google Hangout recorded with Snagit looks like below.
Having trouble viewing the video? Watch it on Screencast.com.