There’s this neat show called Arrested Development that’s returning to life on May 26th, 2013 care of our good friend, Netflix. Surely you’ve heard of it? Maybe you’re even a fan?
Saying “we’re excited” is a bit of an understatement – we’ve been using some of our lunch breaks to collectively catch up with the Bluths, eagerly anticipating the new season while chowing down on cornballs, ice cream sandwiches, and frozen bananas.
So, when aspiring actor and favorite character, Tobias Fünke, released this series of green screen clips for James Cameron, we went a little bonkers here at TechSmith HQ. Green screen, you say? Camtasia is BFFs with green screen!
Dear Tobias, even if that James Cameron fellow doesn’t want to use your clips, we’re gonna – and we’re gonna have a ball. As a bonus, we’ve got all the tricks – illusions? – to do it yourself!
Resources for Making Your Own #InsertMeAnywhere Video
- Don’t Have Camtasia? How About a Free 30-Day Free Trial?!
- How to Remove a Color – Green Screen/Chroma Key Tutorial
- How to Make Your Own Green Screen
- How to Successfully Add Music to Your Videos
Some notes about the videos:
- We had trouble downloading the video files from insertmeanywhere.biz…so we captured them from the screen with Camtasia (handy, eh?)
- The explosions and fire effects are video files that already have an alpha channel (transparency); you can find some by googling for them, if desired
- We used Camtasia for all three videos, but to pull off the effect of Tobias getting squished we used AfterEffects