In Snagit on Windows, use the Fixed Region capture type when you want to:
- Save time and skip resizing captures in Snagit Editor.
- Repeatedly capture the same location on the screen.
- Capture specific dimensions to meet an image size requirement.
- Capture a series of images all at the same size.
Capture an Image at a Specific Size Requirement
- In OneClick, click the Classic Capture Window button.
- Select the Image Capture Profile.
- In the Profile Settings, select Capture Type > Advanced > Fixed Region.
- Select Capture Type > Properties.
- The Capture Type Properties dialog appears.
- Enter the desired dimensions and a fixed starting point (optional). Use the fixed starting point when you want to capture the same area on the screen repeatedly.
- Click the Select Region button to select the dimensions from a region on the screen. For example, I want to capture the same size for these three buttons, but I do not know the dimensions.
With this option, I can select the area and Snagit automatically fills in the dimensions into the dialog.
The capture opens in Snagit Editor where you can preview, edit, and share the capture.