ScreencastCamp has gone global!
Inspired by the ScreencastCamp held at TechSmith’s headquarters in Michigan each summer, Anton Bollen, TechSmith’s European Evangelist and author of the German TechSmith Blog, and Andreas Pilz, a Camtasia trainer and professional screencaster, organized TechSmith’s first international ScreencastCamp in Nürnberg, Germany.
Barcamps and Themecamps have become increasingly popular in Germany. In fact, there are over 80 events in the country each year! Known for their unique format, Barcamps and Themecamps provide a fun, collaborative environment for attendees to learn and share information about a specific topic they are passionate about. Instead of having scheduled sessions and a clearly outlined agenda, attendees use a whiteboard to plan and present sessions and workshops as the day progresses. Since ScreencastCamp follows the same loosely structured or “unconference” format of a Barcamp or Themecamp, hosting one in Germany was a natural fit. The goal of any ScreencastCamp is to provide the screencasting community with an opportunity to get together and to learn from and with each other. It’s an event where you can meet other screencasters, exchange knowledge and receive qualified feedback.
Held March 23-24, ScreencastCamp Germany took place at the Klee-Center, a modern co-working space and conference center located in the heart of Nürnberg. The two-day event brought together a total of 16 attendees who came from all across Germany to learn more about screencasting.
Rather than having parallel sessions as is common at larger Barcamps, the attendees decided to only have one presentation at a time. This kept all the knowledge and experience in one room and allowed everybody to contribute to each session. This generated a lot of great conversations and discussions that everybody benefited from.
Here’s a list of all the great individual sessions:
- Introduction to Screencasting
- How I approach professional marketing screencast – From my customer’s vision all the way to production.
- Greenscreen Effect: What can it do for your screencasts?
- Videofeedback Sessions: Participants showed off their screencasts and everybody provided constructive feedback.
- What video and image resources are available to you spice up your screencasts?
- Storyboarding & Scriptwriting Discussion
- Basic editing workflow in Camtasia and how to build some sweet effects
- Where can I host my videos and how can I monetize them?
- Video SEO, YouTube, Views, Tagging & Co
Which one of these sessions would you like to see again at the next ScreencastCamp?
Speaking of which…
Interested in participating in our next ScreencastCamp? Please sign up to join us August 2-4, 2013 at TechSmith headquarters in Okemos, Michigan!
We look forward to planning another ScreencastCamp Germany in 2014 and hope to host ScreencastCamps at other international locations as well. Get in touch if you want to organize one.
And that’s that. Auf Wiedersehen!